XTH Design Thinking Workshop 10.1.2016
The vision for Crosstown High came from talking with hundreds of Memphians about what the high school of the future should look like. To guide us, we used a process called Design Thinking. Now that we have approval to open our school in 2018, we want to keep the conversation going!
You’re invited to join us for the first-ever Crosstown High Design Thinking Workshop at story booth (438 N. Cleveland) on Saturday, October 1, 10 am – 3:30 pm. Registration is limited to about 30 participants.
The good people at Southern Growth Studio will lead us through a workshop that will help us explore ways to keep student voice at the heart of Crosstown High. We’ll explore questions like:
- How do we ensure student voice influences the development of Crosstown High?
- How can the school’s physical environment best support students?
- What’s the best way to recruit a truly diverse student body?
This will be a fast-paced, highly interactive day so come ready to jump in!
- Students (6th grade and up), educators and parents are welcome
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided
- Workshops like this are usually pricey, but this one’s FREE!
- We also need a few high school students who’d be willing to serve as interview subjects to come in the morning (10-11:50) and ideally return in the afternoon (2:15-3:00 pm).
*Never heard of Design Thinking? Learn more in this short video!