Never stop learning. Design the future.
We -- adults and young people alike -- will be lifelong learners with the knowledge, skills and dispositions to understand and pursue solutions to our world's evolving challenges.
We are empowered to lead as we learn.
- We value our potential to thrive, and are driven to pursue our unique passions and purposes
- We value authentic work that matters to us and our community, and we learn through purposeful experiences and unexpected connections
- We value all voices and have a culture of respect for our differences that enables us to learn with and from each other.
- We value a safe and nurturing environment where we can learn from our failures.
- We value wellness -- physical, emotional, relational -- and we challenge and support one another as we seek it for ourselves and our communities.
- We value lifelong exploration and discovery and will continually innovate and adapt.
How we get there
Personalized learning recognizes that every learner is unique and the learning pathway must be as well. CXH students will use varied methods and pacing to both learn and demonstrate what they know.
Project-based learning will engage learners at a deep level in real-world challenges with our partners in Crosstown Concourse and beyond. Students' authentic work will be driven by their interests and passions and the needs of our community.
Diverse by Design
Diverse by design is how we describe the community we are working to create. Our learners will represent the unique diversity of Memphis.
WHAT IS THE ADMISSIONS PROCESS?
We will begin accepting applications for 9th grade in September 2017. Application is open to all students. We plan to hold our lottery and notify accepted students by February 2018.
WHO WILL BE SUCCESSFUL AT CXH?
Young people who want to grow into self-motivated, self-directed learners, willing to take on challenges that push them beyond their comfort level. Students who are comfortable being a little uncomfortable, and are willing to learn with and from people from diverse backgrounds.
WHAT ABOUT ELECTIVES AND EXTRACURRICULARS?
At CXH, there will be many avenues for learners to pursue their interests and talents through both in-school and after-school opportunities. We will offer clubs and athletics programs that are driven by student interests.