The vision for Crosstown High came from talking with hundreds of Memphians about what the high school of the future should look like. To guide us, we used a process called Design Thinking. Now that we have approval to open our school in 2018, we want to keep the conversation going!
You’re invited to join us for the first-ever Crosstown High Design Thinking Workshop at story booth (438 N. Cleveland) on Saturday, October 1, 10 am – 3:30 pm. Registration is limited to about 30 participants.
The good people at Southern Growth Studio will lead us through a workshop that will help us explore ways to keep student voice at the heart of Crosstown High. We’ll explore questions like:
- How do we ensure student voice influences the development of Crosstown High?
- How can the school’s physical environment best support students?
- What’s the best way to recruit a truly diverse student body?
This will be a fast-paced, highly interactive day so come ready to jump in!
- Students (6th grade and up), educators and parents are welcome
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided
- Workshops like this are usually pricey, but this one’s FREE!
- We also need a few high school students who’d be willing to serve as interview subjects to come in the morning (10-11:50) and ideally return in the afternoon (2:15-3:00 pm).
*Never heard of Design Thinking? Learn more in this short video!